Many people were confused with this picture because they thought Kam Heong style should be stir-fried with curry leaves, etc. Lol!
I was supposed to use red curry paste for this but my dad bought Kam Heong curry paste instead. Hence, the name of the recipe is lala clams in Kam Heong curry broth. Surprisingly, it turned out good. My folks loved the curry.
2 tablespoons butter
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
3 teaspoons Kam Heong curry paste
2 teaspoons fish sauce
2 teaspoons chicken stock (powder type)
1 cup of water
1 cup of coconut milk
2 pounds of clams, rinsed and cleaned
1. Over medium heat, melt the butter in a medium pot.
2. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook until garlic is fragrant.
3. Add the curry paste and the fish sauce.
4. Stir the paste until it has thinned out with the butter.
5. Add in the water, chicken stock and coconut milk into the pot. Stir the broth mixture until well mixed.
6. Add clams and cover the pot for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until clams have opened.